We wish to extend our sincere sympathy on the death of your family member, colleague or friend.
Each claim filed with UTG is handled professionally, with courtesy and respect for your individual needs. We are committed to completing the claims process as smoothly and quickly as possible.
In order that we may process your claim as soon as possible, please provide us with the following:
- The original policy (If lost, please note under Section 2 of the Claimant Statement).
- A certified death certificate of the insured.
- Completed Claimant Statement signed by the beneficiary and witnessed by a Notary Official.
- Newspaper clipping or obituary.
- If the beneficiary is deceased, enclose a copy of the death certificate.
- If any portion of the death benefit is being assigned to a funeral home, the assignment form must include the funeral home’s FEIN and must be witnessed by a Notary Official.
- In the case that an estate has been designated as a beneficiary and the estate has been closed, you will also need to fill out an Indemnification Agreement.
Our staff is available Monday through Thursday 8:00-5:00 (EST), Friday 8:00-3:00 (EST) to assist with your claim. You may contact us at 800-323-0050 or email us at Claims@utgins.com. Our mailing address is UTG Claims Department, PO Box 13080, Springfield, IL 62791-3080.